Four seems to be the magic age!
January is over – bye Felicia! There are actually more months in 2020, a fact I think we’d all forgotten.
Karen got in touch with the show for some Friday silliness: Hey Paula. It’s the end of January woo! Bringing the kids to the cinema tomorrow as a treat… even though last weekend, I was having a PJ day, and had no bra on. My 4-year-old asked where my boobs had gone, and he was so worried, he went around the house looking for them. Argh!
Other listeners also got in touch and the one thing mostly in common with your kids embarrassing you seems to be the number 4. Four is a savage age for blunt observations:
- “My 4-year-old refuses to kiss my mam because he says he doesn’t want to catch her wrinkles. Argh!”
- “Hey Paula. My 4-year-old remembers my wife being pregnant. When we met with family over Christmas, he turns to my uncle who has a pot belly and asked when they were having the baby. Casual as you like! Everyone just burst out laughing... it was touch and go for a second. I was mortified!” – Mark, Maynooth
- “My 4 year old went up to a man in our local SuperValu and said to him in front of everyone, you have a big belly like Peppa’s dad! Peppa Pig has a lot to answer for. As you can imagine, I just said sorry and legged it!” - Stephen
- “Well Paula my 4 year old when in a busy shopping centre in front of everyone says daddy why do u stand to wee wee and me and mammy sits!”
- “Morning Paula, when my daughter was around 2 we were out having a meal with my parents and my daughter got off her seat and walked over to a group of people a few tables away and proceeded to move her two hands frantically towards the people at the table. The reason she was doing that was because they were deaf and signing to each other! But they laughed when I went over to get her!” - Phil
- “Paula my daughter turned around to a girl on the bus last week and asked why her eyebrows were that black, they don’t match. I almost died. In fairness they were like 2 slugs!”
- “Morning Paula, happy Friday to ya! Out for a family meal and my 6 year old nephew tells the waitress he likes her nose ring, and then follows it up with bulls have rings in their nose too. Awkward!”