So here's a list of some gifts listeners found useful!
Everywhere I look in shops, I see plastic and cardboard boxes of rubbish we don’t need, which will be under the tree at Christmas. This video really explains how I feel about the unnecessary waste at Christmas, without trying to sound like a Grinch!
Whether you agree or not, here are some presents that the listeners of the Early Breakfast found useful (not sure would I go for some of these but it's all subjective!)
- Electric throw blankets for the couch.
- You can never go wrong with a mattress topper (in the right size).
- Waffle maker
- Gift voucher (please don’t make this mistake: Paula from my aunty I got a 5 euro One For All gift card. I didn't even know they came in that small of denomination. Turns out they don't; it was originally a 20 euro and she spent it down to a fiver. To this day I wonder if she mixed it up with her own and could never bring myself to ask!)
- Wifi thermostat. No more getting out of bed to adjust the A/C.
- I'm giving my son a book of adventure coupons. Twenty four adventurers like the zoo, open farm, visit the caves, play zone, beach etc., to use when he wishes. We’ve done a lot of them already but I'm excited to see how it goes.
- Kindle, though it comes with additional costs if you go through books like I do. Only if you read though!
- Yearly zoo pass!
- Lottery millionaire raffle tickets
- Ukulele, if the recipient has any interest in music whatsoever. They're really easy to play and inexpensive
- Slow cooker
Agree! No to presents! Too much pressure, too much panic buying, too much waste.
— lainey316 (@lainey316) December 17, 2019
Irish Whiskey. 😉 #Nice
— TwistedPuppy (@puppy_twisted) December 17, 2019
Those really long hot water bottles #need
— Lorna Fitz (@Ma_gooo) December 17, 2019
— Jason McGee (@JasonMcGeeIRL) December 17, 2019
We’re doing charity donations in my house this year! Definitely no need for adults to get anything. We’re lucky enough to have what we have
— aisling (@aislingsmash) December 17, 2019