The Finance Minister Paschal Donohoe has admitted that some of the personal protective equipment (PPE) that's arrived here from China isn't the same as what's currently used in the health service.
There are concerns that the consignments of masks are poor quality and the gowns are too small.
The Government is spending €200m on sourcing PPE for frontline staff.
Minister Donohoe says the equipment that has arrived from China is not standard for the Irish health service.
He says it's currently being examined by the HSE.
"It is the case that the protective equipment that has now been brought into Ireland, for some of our healthcare workers, will be different to the protective equipment that they have become used it.
"It is being tested, it is being assessed by the HSE, good use will be found for it - but we will continue our efforts to look for additional equipment".
HSE chief executive Paul Reid says they're working hard to deliver.
My update to staff in the HSE. Thanks to you & to all non HSE healthcare staff for your efforts so far. We have scaled up in a way the health service has never done before. We still face many big challenges. But we are a great team together. @HSELive #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/C9xJaCLYYj
— Paul Reid (@paulreiddublin) April 2, 2020