The Department of Health has confirmed that 562 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Ireland today.
There are currently 48 people being treated in hospital for the virus.
There are 14 patients in intensive care, a number which has not changed in five days.
The HSE continue to be affected by the recent cyberattack and the daily case figure “may change due to future data review, validation and update.”
It comes as the CEO of the HSE Paul Reid said there is currently no plan to prioritise the vaccination of teenagers ahead of the return of schools in September.
However, he added that "all options and scenarios" are being looked at when it comes to rolling out COVID-19 vaccines to 12 to 15-year-olds.
Speaking to On The Record with Gavan Reilly on Newstalk, Mr Reid said the HSE will follow the NIAC recommendations when it comes to inoculating this cohort.
"NIAC are assessing the evidence and information relating to the vaccination of 12 to 15-year-olds, they're considering that over the next short period, they haven't made any recommendations as yet," he said.
"What we are doing in parallel is looking at various scenarios that may emerge for vaccinations of younger children, 12 to 15.
"We would look at it in the context of the various channels for vaccinations that we have now, GPs, pharmacies and vaccination centres so we're looking at all options and all scenarios but ultimately, it's still under assessment by NIAC."
While it had been reported today that the vaccination of children in that group could start as early as next month, Mr Reid stated that extending the rollout to this cohort was "not currently built into baseline assumptions".
Meanwhile, pharmacies are due to begin administering the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to people aged 18 to 34 from tomorrow.
Registration for the younger age cohort to get the Janssen vaccine opened on Friday following an announcement from the Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly.
Main image: File photo. Credit: Robin Utrecht/ABACAPRESS.COM