Sports Minister Catherine Martin has asked the GAA and RTÉ to appear before an Oireachtas committee to ask questions over the ongoing controversy with GAA GO.
The controversy over GAA Go is still rumbling on - with the GAA saying earlier this week on the Last Word that it needs the revenue from the streamer for developing the games.
A review of what sports should be free-to-air has been happening for two years.
Currently on the 'designation of major events' is the All-Ireland senior inter-county football and hurling finals.
The Tanaiste Micheal Martin says the public access to sport is what he calls a "political issue".
GAA GO is a joint venture of RTE and the GAA has exclusive rights to 38 Championship games this summer.
So far it's been mainly hurling games - but from this weekend football will start to feature more.
Virgin Media Television weighted into the discussion on Tuesday evening with a statement.
It claimed when Sky Television decided not to renew its GAA rights last October - there was no approach to other broadcasters to take over the games or to look at whether they could show them.
However, the GAA issued a statement this evening (Wednesday) where it said, Virgin Media Television was contacted to guage whether it was interested in media rights 18 months before Sky Television announced it would not be broadcasting games.
Virgin Media claimed in a statement yesterday that a deal was not put out to the market before the rights were given to GAA Go.
The GAA says Virgin Media were "afforded every opportunity to discuss options".