A Junior Integration Minister has told The Last Word he isn't comfortable with refugees being housed again in tents in county Clare during the cold weather.
Eighty-eight were housed at a site in Knockalisheen last month when temperatures hit -6 in parts.
At the time, the State said alternative solutions would be sought, however, it's understood there are similar numbers sleeping in the temporary accommodation again.
Met Eireann has a weather advisory running until Friday forecasting very cold weather, with temperatures dropping to as low as -5 degrees in parts at night.
The Department of Integration had said tented sites in Tralee and Athlone were stood down.
Speaking on The Last Word, Junior Minister Joe O'Brien said, "that's a particular situation that I'm I'm not comfortable with.
"Minister [Roderic] O'Gorman isn't comfortable with, indeed my government colleagues aren't [comfortable] with either.
"It's an indication of, I suppose, the number of people we've managed to accommodate as well. That's in the context, I suppose, of 70,000 people being accommodated.
"Eighty-eight in tented accommodation is, is not where we want to be.
"But the Minister said that work is ongoing to find more suitable accommodation:
" For my last few weeks of being in a Department of Children and Integration, there are literally dozens of people, dozens of staff in there working on a daily basis to procure more accommodation, to move people to more appropriate accommodation.
"There are new facilities and accommodation centers coming on on a regular basis."