Man Hospitalised After Being B...

News

Man Hospitalised After Being Bit By Poisonous Snake

Niall Colbert
Niall Colbert

6:21 PM - 28 Feb 2020



A man has been hospitalised after being bit by a poisonous snake.

It's believed to be the first such case in Ireland.

The 22-year-old man was bitten on the thumb by a Puff Adder, which is native to Africa.

Connolly Hospital in Dublin has requested anti-venom from the National Reptile Zoo to treat the man.

The snake is believed to have belonged to the victim.



Read more about

Connolly Dublin Snake

You might like

Live: Title

Now playing

00:00:00 / 00:00:00
Added to queue
Removed from queue

On Air

Share

Share

Up next

Episode title
Show
Duration

You currently have no podcasts in your queue.

Go to podcasts

On Air

The Last Word With Matt Cooper

The Last Word With Matt Cooper

4:30 PM-7 PM

Share

Up next

Ed's National Anthems

Ed's National Anthems

7 PM-10 PM

Share

The Paul McLoone Show

The Paul McLoone Show

10 PM-12 AM

Share

Overnight

Overnight

12 AM-5 AM

Share

Early Breakfast with Paula Mac...

Early Breakfast with Paula MacSweeney

5 AM-7 AM

Share

The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show

The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show

7 AM-9 AM

Share

Dermot & Dave

Dermot & Dave

9 AM-12 PM

Share

Mairead Ronan

Mairead Ronan

12 PM-2 PM

Share

Fergal D'Arcy

Fergal D'Arcy

2 PM-4:30 PM

Share

The Last Word with Matt Cooper

The Last Word with Matt Cooper

4:30 PM-7 PM

Share

00:00:00 / 00:00:00

Share on