Trá Inis Oirr on the Aran Islands has been awarded with a blue flag for the first time.
It was one of 85 beaches and 10 marinas awarded in total for 2022.
Beaches must meet certain water quality directives as established by the EU to receive a blue flag for the bathing season.
This year, seven new beaches were added from the list in 2021.
- Fountainstown and Youghal Front Strand in Cork
- Balcarrick, Donabate and Rush Front Strand in Dublin
- Ballybunion North in Kerry
- Ballymoney North in Wexford
- Trá Inis Oirr at the Aran Islands.
Five beaches also LOST the blue flag they were awarded last year.
The South Promenade in Bray, Cregane Strand in Cork, Kinvara in Galway and Carrowmore and Clare Island beaches - both in Mayo.
Meanwhile, 62 beaches were awarded Green Coast awards, which recognise clean environment, water quality and natural beauty.
Ballynamona Beach in Cork has been handed a Green Coast Award for the first time this year.