Our favourite Kitchen Hero Donal Skehan called into the Breakfast Show this morning to tell us all about his new cookbook, Donal's Meals in Minutes.
Great to catch up with @IanDempsey on @TodayFM and chat all things #DonalsMealsInMinutes! I’ll be on at 8.40am! Thankfully security took care of the imposter who tried to do the interview for me... @MarioRosenstock! ðŸ˜‚ Check out link to book here: https://t.co/QvIFmk0R3P pic.twitter.com/Kk9qS8dmI1
— Donal Skehan (@DonalSkehan) September 10, 2018
It's the Dubliner's 7th publication and as he put it, "I would say it's my most useful cookbook to date". Sounds handy.
Donal has delivered 90 fuss-free, flavour-packed recipes, including many from his Meals in Minutes TV series. He has divided the book into six chapters based on how people shop and cook, allowing you to choose a delicious meal that suits the shape of your evening every night:
- One Pot: Throw it all in one pot, literally, and let the hob or oven do the work.
- One Pan: Complete meals from one pan.
- Quick Prep/Slow Cook: Minimal preparation but with a longer cook in the oven whilst you get on with other things.
- Six Ingredients: Stripped back to basics with minimal ingredients.
- Grocery-store Suppers: Pick up something ready-made on the way home to jazz up some basic ingredients.
- Under 30 Minutes: On the table... in under half an hour.
He revealed how his 9-month-old son Noah is part of the inspiration behind his new work, as time is of the essence.
The 32-year-old also chatted about what life is like in LA and had a giggle with Iano's 'Tasty Tuesdays', which will no doubt be stepped up a notch from here on in.
Donal's Meals in Minutes is out now with his Meals in Minutes TV show returning next month.
You can check Donal's work out on his YouTube page. 736,000+ subscribers?? Not bad for a lad who started out with a little blog (Good Food Mood) eleven years ago.
Catch his chat with Iano in full by pressing the play button in the image at the top of the page.
The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show - weekdays from 7am.