Liverpool have said the racist abuse of players "cannot be allowed to continue" after their players were targeted on social media.
The club issued the statement this morning after their players Naby Keita and Trent Alexander Arnold were subjected to racism on Instagram in recent days.
Both players were sent messages in the form of monkey emojis on the social platform.
In a statement this morning, the club have said the continued abuse of players is unacceptable, adding that it is upsetting how often clubs are having to speak out against the targeted racism of footballers.
"Once again we are sadly discussing abhorrent racial abuse the morning after a football game. It is utterly unacceptable and it has to stop.
"LFC condemns all forms of discrimination and we continue to work with our inclusion partners through our Red Together initiative to campaign against it.
It is utterly unacceptable. It has to stop. pic.twitter.com/ij8qykJjqU
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 7, 2021
"As a club, we will offer our players any and all support that they may require. We will also work with the relevant authorities to identify and, if possible, prosecute those responsible.
"The current situation cannot be allowed to continue and it is incumbent on all of us to ensure that it does not," their statement says.
Last month, Thierry Henry led a protest against the lack of action taken by social media companies, by announcing he would remove all of his social platforms until better action and regulation is created.