Today is Budget Day 2014 and Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show listeners had some ideas for things that should be taxed in order to raise money in the budget.
Thanks for all your wonderful ideas!
- Pressing the button on lifts and traffic lights more than once should be taxed. Jackie
- Tax signs that have been left up after the event is finished, eyesores - great earner. Turloch in cavan
- Definitely tax tea bags in the sink. It’s not that hard to put the used bag in the bin! Henry
- They should tax people who leave their fog lights on when there is no fog. Darran
- People who stop dead at the end of an escalator Iano & groups of people having chats standing in the doorway of shops & when you hold the door & person sails through without saying thanks. All should be taxed! Clair
- Tax Fatty Foods, we would then be a healthier happier nation- in turn saving money on in the health sector!
- Please put a tax on every paper and radioTV station that mentions Miley Cyrus (we could extend that out to include Kardashians)
- Tax people who take up a pump at a petrol station while they ponce around the shop. That pees me off - tax them
- Tax drivers who don't use their indicators. Our economy will be back on its feet in a week! Becky#
- Ian, Tax people who take up 2 spaces in the car park even though there's clear white lines! Aaaagh! Caroline
- There should be a 50% tax on all diet drinks that are bought with large Big Mac meal - same for a skinny latte with a cream bun. Mary Anderson
- Hi Ian, tax cyclists and give them number plates on their bikes and fine them when they go through red lights. John
- Ian, perfect way to raise revenue and create employment: tax people collecting blackberries off bushes. We could create employment by hiring inspectors to stop all those people making free jam. How much revenue is being lost to people picking blackberries instead of buying jam in the shops? It's all we're short of taxing :-) Robbie'
Let us know your suggestions!