Alan, reminded us on Twitter of the words that are considered 'unparliamentary language' in Ireland.
"A pair of bennies" WTF?
Here is the full list:
i love the list of terms that TDs can't refer to each other as in the dáil pic.twitter.com/ix9hMFW1CY
— alan (@hatefollower) April 14, 2018
This is pretty outdated so we asked you legends to help us create a new list of words.
Here's some of the best:
- Toe rag
- cotton headed ninny muggins!
- jackeen, spoofer, sponge, ponce, ninkampoop, plank, onegar, jackass.
- Muireann the word "scourhouse" is a favourite of mine feel free to use!
- One of my Granny's favourite insults was SlippyTit. Used to describe a sneaky, weasily person. Would suit quit well in the Dail, methinks.
- Gobshite, Langer, Tosspot, Latchico.??
- One word you could use would be gobsheen..as used by podge and rodge.
- You could call them "a stale ham sandwich" .... that's definitely not a compliment
- Muireann we have one down here in countryside in Wexford - " you're some scutter pullet"
Obviously, Paul Gogarty didn't get the memo when he did this in The Dail...unless of course he did get it, didn't see 'f*ck' on the list and trolled Dail Eireann!