Gardaí in Cork have arrested 10 people and seized more than €17,000 worth of cannabis and €17,200 in cash as part an Operation Thor Day of Action.
The day of action was carried out yesterday in the Cork West Garda Division.
The 10 arrests made yesterday were in relation to recent incidents of assault, theft, possession of drugs, possession of an offensive weapon and on foot of a bench warrant.
Of the 10 arrested:
- 4 charged to appear at a later date.
- 2 released without charge, file to the DPP.
- 1 brought before the courts on foot of a bench warrant
- 1 charged and brought before the courts
- 1 to be dealt with under juvenile diversion scheme.
- 1 adult caution.
The day of action resulted in the seizure of €12,400 worth of cannabis herb and plants, which were found at a growhouse in Durrus.
In a separate search, Gardai recovered close to €4,900 worth of cannabis and €17,200 in cash at a house in the Ballylickey area of Bantry.
No arrests were made in relation to both drug seizures.