With Mother's Day coming up this weekend, you might be looking to treat the mother in your life to a lovely meal to show her how much you care.
Mark from Dingle Cookery School has the recipe for you - it's so simple to whip up, and really tasty too.
Lemon and Garlic Chicken (serves 4)
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- knob of butter
- 50ml of white wine
- 100ml chicken stock
- 100ml of cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Drizzle with some oil and put in the roasting tray skin side up. Leave them in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is in the oven you can start the sauce.
- Put a medium sized pot over low to medium heat, add a little oil the onions and garlic. Allow this to cook slowly for about 5 minutes, add the leeks and butter, cook for about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes, this will help it reduce a little, add the stock and cream. Cook for another few minutes before adding the lemon juice and rosemary. Allow this to cook slowly for a few minutes, it will thicken slightly. Taste this and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Take the chicken out from the oven. Spoon out the excess fat from the tray (optional). Pour the creamy mixture around the chicken pieces. Place this back in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Few little tips:
- You can add sliced potatoes under the chicken from the beginning.
- If using chicken breasts reduce the cooking time about 10-15 min.
- Leftovers can be added to a pasta dish the following way (to do this, cook pasta and strain, mix in the leftover chicken and cream and heat through)
View this post on Instagram
Tune in to Mairead Ronan weekdays from 12pm.